Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile
Some days I have to remind myself to smile. Today I was not sure I could muster up the strength to be anything more than a puddle of self pity, but my dear God gave me encouragement throughout the day reminding me to smile. "Smile" being the song to play as my night came to a close.
Just to add a little life update...
My west coast adventure was so very wonderful. I was welcomed with warmth, and I fell in love with three sweet little faces. Those little faces were my 7 AM wake up call, my teeth brushing buddies, and my lap was hardly ever empty. Spent time with a boy that was much overdue. Went on adventures, tried new things, celebrated birthdays. I could go on forever about my vacation. Simply put, it was mostly perfect. Leaving was awful, but I came home to a best friend of a sister and feisty little niece.
And now? Now I am working on finding the motivation I need for classes.
My mind has been racing all around with thoughts of the future, which can be terrifying. My heart is on a wild voyage of its own, which can also be terrifying. Lord, give me the strength and courage to follow your will and to trust you.
When My heart is overwhelmed
lead me to the rock that is higher than I
Psalms 61:2
And besides, you have a beautiful smile. :)
ReplyDeleteSometimes the blues do try to settle in though. I'm so glad for promises of joy and peace!
Thank you! and me too, Shar. me too. :)
Deletei love your smile!
ReplyDeletesome days ARE weary, but I always find a light of hope in the Lord.
Love you!
And I love YOU and your smile. :)
DeleteIts also good to have such encouraging cousins like you and Sharon. Both such strong women.. and strong Christian examples.