Airports are a funny place. One of my favorites. Airports mean travel. Although sometimes that travel means deployment or leaving loved ones, which is never fun. Put the sad goodbyes aside and this is a very amusing place. From the polite conversation with strangers, the awkward scramble to redress yourself after security, to all the interesting people to watch. The business men, the young children, the girl with the iPhone applying mascara... Who are all these people? What is there story? Does the dashing young pilot have a wife and kids at home or is his life mostly in the air?
I always get little butterflies in my stomach when I fly as if I'm still the little girl running down the ramp with the little brother and his flopping hair. Airports meant taking a ride through the clouds. It meant picking up dad from his trips. It meant seeing family or new places! Don't forget the snacks.. Flying meant snacks, and dad always bought us those cute mini snacks. Flying meant ginger ale. As I got older it went from trading snacks and listing to music with Liam to trading snacks and listening to music with Liam at an older age. That silly boy would ask if this was my first flight. or maybe make puking noises into the barf bag, and then calmly say false alarm and return the clean bag to the seat pocket. No joke. Sometimes flying meant summer trips with the cousin, and the time we got to ride first class.
Now I'm quite grown up and flying alone. My first flight alone? Yes. I have my Reese's pieces and I just ordered a ginger ale. The view is still breath taking and scary all at the same time.
Well folks, I'm off for a weeks vacation to the west coast. Love to all.
Thank you for choosing Southwest Airlines.


Flights and ginger ale just go together. I love watching the people too. Happy travels my dear!
ReplyDeleteDear Moonriver,
ReplyDeleteWhat have you done for me lately? HUH!?!
one moderately stunning blog, please :)
:) I know, I know... soon! Dont give up on me just yet.
Delete