Thursday, November 14, 2013

It's Been A Long, Long Time

"Kiss me once, then kiss me twice
Then kiss me once again
It's been a long, long time
Haven't felt like this, my dear
Since I cant remember when
Its been a long, long time"

World War II ended the month before this Crosby recording hit No. 1 on the
Billboard charts in 1945. Accompanied by Les Paul on the guitar, Bing
effectively captures the swelling anticipation of Americans regarding the
imminent return of their boys from overseas. The song remained on the
charts for 16 weeks.


As I sat here avoiding my homework, listening to music, I stumbled upon this little piece of history. I thought it was pretty cool.

I've thought about stopping by to update my blog countless times in the past couple months, but It seems I always found a reason not to. Not enough time. Nothing important to say. Homework to be done. Work to go to. I had the night off work tonight, and my homework is not going anywhere. Here I am... thought I would stop by for a quick update.

The holidays are right around the corner, and I cannot believe it. What happened? The time seems to be flying by way too fast for my liking. Even so, I am ready to welcome the holidays with open arms. It has been much too hot here in the wild west and, quite frankly, I'm tired of sweating. I'm ready to break out my beautiful scarves and sweaters. There is a sick love for the mornings that start with my own breath in sight. These are the same mornings that my fingers feel like little icicles and I let my hands take turns holding the steering wheel or being shoved under my legs. I've also been thinking about pumpkin pie and stuffing. I really love the holidays. I think they are quite wonderful. There is something romantic about those months at the end of the year. Sigh. Can I eat pumpkin pie yet?

I decided that it was a good idea to download the couch to 5k app and sign up to run a 5k the end of November. My goal was to run the month of October, and if I was still alive at the end sign up to run. Today while I was running, feeling like I was going to drop dead, I was thinking about how hard it was going to be to run the Saturday after thanksgiving. I have also noticed all these bruises popping up on my calves. My hips and ankles are still gaining strength or I need new shoes.. So those ache. I stubbed my big toe somewhere along the way and it feels broken. I'm falling apart. Thankfully, the run has been moved. I can eat pumpkin pie without feeling guilty about running that weekend, and I also have more time to get in running shape. Aside from falling apart and obtaining all these new aches, I think I'm actually making some progress.

The end of this semester is in sight and that is barely enough motivation to keep this girl showing up to class. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! I'm barely maintaining my grade in physics and chemistry, but let me just say that my foxtrot is coming along quite nicely. I'm not so bad with a waltz or cha cha either. Taking a ballroom dance class this semester was a good idea. Once a week I get to spend two hours on that wooden floor pretending I'm Fred Astaire. In those two hours my brain is not thinking about friction or titrations, but my thoughts are more along the lines of,
"One two three. one two three...
step together back, step together back...
I wonder if I look as smooth and awesome as I feel...
slow, slow, quick, quick...
I love twirling...
I'm going to show Eileen this move when I get home...   
I love this song..."
I look forward to that 2 hours in the middle of my week.

Bed time for this girl.. My bed was expecting me and hour ago and I don't want to keep those wonderful pillows and blankets waiting any longer.   

Hope all is well, dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment