- Joe Fox
This is the line that goes through my head when I order my tall, decaf caramel macchiato. I laugh to myself and, for a moment, get caught up in the romance of Joe Fox and Kathleen Kelly. That movie never gets old.
Two months and we get to hear about a cup of coffee, you say?
These past two months have sort of flown by. Birthday. Finals. Work. Catching up on some much needed sleep plus some. Family Visits. Brother graduating. Watching far too much Psych. Some summer burning and way too much sweating. Trying to get some volunteer hours in at the hospital. Planning trips to be taken this summer. Mostly I have been doing a lot of summer vacationing.. staying up too late, sleeping in too late, eating too many sweets, reading, and doing whatever I please just because I can. Yesterday, the little girls and I made a Starbucks run, spent some time at the park, went on a evening jog, and curled up with some ice cream and a chick flick after dinner. It was a pretty good summer day.
I have finished one book and cracked open another. I always forget how much I enjoy reading. Not because I have to, not a hurried or distracted 'I should be doing something else' kind of reading, and not the I'm going to try and read but really fall asleep because I'm so exhausted kind of reading... Just reading. Flippin' pages without a care in the world. Reading on the couch, in the chair, on the porch, at the park, in a box, with a fox... Yeah, I'm a fan.
I also pulled my camera off the shelf where it has mostly been collecting dust. I like taking pictures. I miss it. These days I do a lot of, "That would make a sweet picture" as I walk, run , or drive by. I decided I would be the chick who carries her camera everywhere this summer. I will not have the excuse of not having a camera on hand! So, I slung my camera over my shoulder and was off. Annnd, not even a mile away from home I realized that while I snapped a self portrait (while driving) I carelessly placed my lens cap in the cup holder. Where it snugly fits and will probably stay forever. My attempt of rescue wedged it a little tighter. How does that even happen?
Besides the new home for my lens cap (until my dad comes to the rescue), it has been a good start to my summer. Even though I am not backpacking around Ireland, England, and Scotland with my little brother, it is still a good start. Too little money and a little too much work. Lesson: Don't work, have rich parents. or marry rich. :)
Silver lining: California, Minot, Minnesota, and Michigan are all in my near future. In the mean time.. I like my job and I have a bookshelf full of books.
Just another night at work.
The Self portrait
Day at the park
Summer sun
The View from here
Sister to be silly with
More of a real self portrait. Up close and personal.. flaws and all.






I jsut bought Julia's Chocolates! That is next week's read. Today's was The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen. I think you will like all of her books.
ReplyDeleteAnd last month's book club book was The Language of Flowers. You'll like that, too, I think.
Ahh... I feel almost caught up with you.
PS Don't self-portrait and drive!
PPS F - O - X
I will have to read those books next! I usually like the books you suggest.
DeletePs you feel caught up with me.. Where is your blog, huh? :)
;)
ReplyDeleteYou are definitely doing summer right. I wish we could come spend some lazy days at the park with you.
ReplyDeleteI wish I was better at taking more photos in my day-to-day.
Also, I think of that quote when I order coffee too. That movie is one of the greats for sure.
I would love your company for a lazy day at the park.. You are welcome anytime :)
DeleteThere's been lots of talk of reading about our house recently, and I'm determined to get some in... but reading is not fun when you have other commitments pulling you away.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, yay for summer and sisters and sweets and photos. More photos, I say. I miss you sweet faces!
Love, Amber