And I present to you.. The Grand Canyon...
Who knew Coronado beach was in Flagstaff? Alright, So I didn't actually go to the Grand Canyon. I didn't lie to you.. I had every intention of going to the Grand Canyon. Plans changed... a somewhat spontaneous trip was presented by my lovely cousin and, well, the next day we were San Diego bound! It was wonderful. Now that I'm back in class, with tests every week, I find myself just longing for summer. Spring break is such a tease.
Sometimes I think that I want a puppy. Having a furry friend to run with, walk with, and play catch with could be really great. Then I remember that I'm just as much an animal lover as I am a runner. I sometimes confuse my imaginary world with reality. By imaginary world, I mean the one where I have a rockin' bod and a well behaved furry friend who runs with me. Don't worry, there are plenty of mirrors around to snap me out my delusion. Time spent taking care of a dear friends dog usually does the trick for the puppy want.
Upon request, here is my attempt at a poem for writing class. No laughing.
Yellow
Ribbon
Even when you’re far,
You are always near
Everything brings my mind back to you
I hear your voice
I feel your warmth
How can this be with so many miles
apart?
Once so young and juvenile
But now so strong and brave
Your boots are laced
Your hair is short
Your ship is out to sea
You serve with pride and courage
To keep our country free
The days and weeks and months go by
And the distance seems forever
There are moments when my heart swells
with pride
It seems as though I could fly
But sometimes it just breaks
How can there be so many miles apart?
My life is full of blessings
No girl could ask for more
A loving family
A paying job
And the pursuit of an education
Driven by goals and dreams
With faith and a loving Savior
But even so, there is something missing
an emptiness
an emptiness
A longing
It has been said that the longer the
waiting
The sweeter the kiss
And if this is true, than it is sure to
be the sweetest
Oh how I loathe the miles apart!
Every joy and every sorrow
Every success and every failure
It is with you I want to share
You’re in every song
In every dream
And in my every prayer
Even in the blueberries in my bagel
I fill my days and wait impatiently
For the day you reach the port
For that moment when the lump in my
throat
Escapes through my eyes
And that moment when the distance
Is closed with your arms and smile
With a yellow ribbon tied around my
heart
I count the days till there are no more
miles apart.
There is so much sweetness in your poem, Bridget. :)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like spring break was wonderful for you... I'm glad!
I know what you mean about a imaginary world, but I still think a dog is a must... I met this puppy named Gatsby downtown today. Every single person that passed him had the hugest smile. And when I stopped to pet him he slobbered all over my hand. haha.
Thank you for sharing your poem. It is lovely, as are you.
ReplyDeletePuppies are a big commitment... as are yellow-ribboned boyfriends ...choose wisely!
ok. Enough is enough. Two months is too long. Write me something!
ReplyDeleteI know. I was just thinking the same thing. soon!
Delete