The goal was to quit one of the jobs I have now and get a job closer to home with better pay or tips. I decided today after class, and after my chemistry test, that I would fill out applications. I left class feeling sleepy and went on to take my chem test. Then it was on to job search. A quick glance in the mirror, some burts bees chap stick to cover any potential smelly breath, and a quick prayer. Stop one went well, stop two was good, stop three looked promising. Stop 3 had fancy doors and a beautiful view. I could be a server here. The gentleman behind the bar gave me an application and suggested I come back around 1:30, ask for Leslie. I finished some homework at home and grabbed some lunch.
1:24 rolled around so I threw on a more presentable skirt and some flats. I secured the unruly fly away hairs and I was on my way. The drive was ten minutes... ten minutes. Now that beats the current 40 minute drive! A few deep breaths and another quick prayer. I held my shoulders high and went in for my 20 seconds of courage. Here I come, Leslie! After that my experience was mostly painless, enjoyable, and quick... ended with a you're hired and quick tour around the place. What? Job searching is supposed to painful and long and hopeless and draining? Not this time. I left with a smile. Thank you, Lord!
Then I got home. I cant serve.. what did I just get myself into!? I worked out as my mind raced all around (it was like the scenes in Tangled when she goes from swinging to crying). My little muscles shook as I did pilates and then I laced up my running shoes. As I walked out the door it was threatening to storm and smelled like rain, which made for another lovely run. I don't know about pina coladas, but I like getting caught in the rain. :) My body hurt, but running felt good. I had that "Ive got the world on a string" kind of feeling. In reality I'm not that great of a runner. At all. You know those people you drive past and think, "Well at least they are trying". Yeah, that's me.
Sigh
This may be a cool story bro post. Maybe I'm crazy. My thoughts are all over the place, but I'm happy. Content. Things have been lining up for me and I feel like I'm closer to my goals. I'm still getting used to this grown up life stuff and the fact that I'm going to be 21 soon is weird. But even so.. I'm excited.
I have some homework to finish tonight, and I don't even mind. I know, I know... crazy, right?
Hot chocolate. Cozy socks. Nat King Cole. Homework.
Good night, beautiful world.
yayy! Congrats on the job! Serving is super fun, too. You will be magnificent.
ReplyDeleteRunning... Nat King Cole listening... you do know you're my hero, right?
Oh well, thanks! I hope it goes well :) and um... did you not read the part about not being a GOOD runner? and should I also mention that i'm losing the weight loss competition with my mom and little sister? haha
DeleteI am not into health food and I have half a brain.
ReplyDeleteHooray for things going your way!
So I will admit.. I looked up the lyrics to this song to make sure there was nothing bad or offensive. I only knew the pina colada line... kind of an amusing song! ha
Delete